Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Holiday on Ice

A few runners wanted to sneak a run in in lieu of the missed run on Tuesday, so about 5 of us slipped down to 21st and Riverside for a little ice running.Sandra and Debra were there early, as was T Z. Debra took off and got her miles out of the way before the sun went down.It was a prefect night to photograph a sunset. Notice the mini-icebergs in the river. And then notice the ducks swimming. BRRR!!!There were actually quite a few people on the river path tonight either walking or running, and some were taking pictures. These guys were shooting pics, and occasionally stepping out on the frozen river.Michael and Bobby organized this group run. We had a good workout, alternating between crunchy snow, slick ice, and sloppy slush. We ended up cutting the normal 4.4 miles to 3 miles after a 1/4 mile of slush on the 11th Street bridge took the wind out of our sails. Still, it was a much better workout that sitting on the couch. Beats the treadmill too.

4 comments:

Bobby said...

Sorry Dr Z. I fell on my keister. Now my back and knee are sore. More work for you.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

I admire you guys. I opted for a treadmill.

BOCA said...

I had so much fun just being outside...it was still way better conditions than last Saturday!...have a great run Saturday everyone...I'll be doing my 5 miles in Lawrence, KS yet again..

simulatedme said...

It kinda cool here today, I had to wear long pants to work