Thursday, October 16, 2008

Thursday Potpourri

Our usual Thursday night run came and went with some running 3 miles, 4 miles, 6 miles, and more. A few walked a quick three, and Sonya walked her usual six.Before the run, we mulled around the store giving the casual visitor the impression that RunnersWorldTulsa was THE happening place on South Peoria. Kim, Jason, and Billy listen to the announcements from Coach Kathy and Dic Tatur Brian.

Myself, I have been eating everything is sight since last weekends run. I had my eyes on some mini Snickers on the counter. Upon reaching for one, I was stopped dead in my tracks by a grizzly zombie-like hand, and a red headed hag glaring at me. "Stay away from my stash!!!"

Johnny Spriggs, the president of the Tulsa Running Club, ran with us tonight. Johnny ran his 100th career marathon this past weekend. It was the Heartland Spirit of the Prairie 100 miler. He is a glutton for punishment. Just ask to see his feet. Despite the lack of skin on most of his heels and toes, Johnny ran 6.6 miles tonight all at a sub 9 minute mile pace. The old coot just would not walk!

Special props to this girl who finished her 3rd 100, with no DNFs.

Roman spent the weekend in Kansas with Johnny, Kathy, and T Z crewing and pacing. Here, it looks like he is still trying to catch up on his sleep.

Back in the 80s, there was a couple of movies starring John Belushi and Dan Akroyd called the Blues Brothers. They did a couple of pretty good albums if I recall. What I have just realized is that their kid sister runs with our group!! I told Simone she was the most photogenic girl in our group.
(I know, I have used that line before!) I'll get a better one next time! :-Þ

No pictures during the run due to some camera difficulties. My memory card was full and I swapped it for the one that actually came with the camera. Turns out it only held about eight pics! :(

Afterward, Brian, Larry, and Tatur Dave try to answer the age old question: What shoe is really the best?

3 comments:

Bobby said...

Simone could pass as a relative of the Blue's Brother's. Great shot.

Ethiopian Elites said...

Brian likes his Pearl Izumis. I prefer my Mizunos - Alchemy on Thursday, but I also run in the Inspire, but I am thinking I might try the Adidas Supernova Sequence as my next shoe. I also like my Brooks Cascadias. I believe the photographer likes his Asics. Not sure about Larry.

Kidney Bean a.k.a. Erin said...

Wow, even though there was no gross info, I think that was TMI...LOL Idk my BFF Jill tms.
I am a huge fan of my Izumi's, but it love my new mizuno's, but for all around wear, my asics are tops. However no one can come close to touching my chuck's.